AN HONEST NOTEBOOK
To make a long story short. When Aaron Draplin made the very first Field Notes by hand, as a holiday gift for friends, they looked pretty much like these notebooks. When we started the company we had only one product, a 3-Pack of Kraft Memo Books with graph paper inside. And we expect, we’ll always have those as the heart of our product line.
Our original 48-page notebooks are available in three variations – graph, ruled, or plain paper – or as a mixed 3-pack that includes one of each paper type. Each Original Kraft memo book measures 3-1/2" wide by 5-1/2" tall and is bound by a rugged three-staple saddle-stitch process.
Be prepared for the next time you need to document your thoughts adventures or sketches. Include extra refills with your Field Notebook or Field Notes Folio. This is a three-pack with one graph, one ruled, and one plain paper notebooks.
01. Proudly printed by the good people of Service Graphics, Inc., Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.
02. Cover: French Dur-O-Tone 80#C "Packing Brown Wrap," with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of "Dachshund Nose" black soy-based Toyo ink.
03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T "Bright White," with a fine, 1-color application of "Double Knee Duck Canvas" light brown soy-based Toyo ink.
04. Cover printed on a Mitsubishi Diamond Series 40" 6-color printing press.
05. Innards printed on a Miller TP104 28" × 40" 2-color printing press.
06. Bound by a Heidelberg ST350 "Stitchmaster" 8-pocket saddle stitcher, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the "Founding Fathers of the Staple."
07. Corners precisely rounded to 3/9" (9.5mm) by a CRC round-corner machine.
08. Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm). Ruled lines: 1/4" (6.4mm). Crisp plain paper. 48 Pages.
09. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm x 140mm).
10. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
11. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.